Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why do all my stories involve poop?

In our house any conversation that starts with "Mom, I need to show you something" is almost guaranteed to 1) end badly for me and 2) be entertaining for others.

This morning, for example, I heard "Mom, I need to show you something..." from McKenzie. I grabbed my coffee cup, chugged the last few sips and went out into the livingroom to see what horrors awaited me. I found McKenzie, naked, on the stairs.
"Mom, there's poop on my butt"
"How did you get poop on your butt? Did you just go potty?"
"I dont know, it just got there. I didn't go potty"
"Then how did it get there McKenzie?"
"There's also some on my leg.........and on my shirt............and right there on the stairs...........Oh, and a little on my foot................Mom, you should probably clean that mess up!"


And that, my friends, is how my morning has gone. I think I need to make some more coffee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment