Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Patriarch Speaks

So I have hijacked Anna's blog, I figured its life with the Keeney's...well we're the Keeney's cos of me. For those of you who know me, and for those of you who don't, I don't talk a whole lot. It takes me a while to be around people before I'm able to open up and start talking. When I get to that point most people wish I would stop talking. So in saying that I wish to share something with everyone, something that only a few people know about. For the past 15 months I have been on antidepressants, today I am off. It hasn't been very long, not even a week yet, but so far I'm feeling good. So how did I get to this point? Could you have been a fly on the wall last year you wouldn't have seen me, not the real me atleast. I was there but not really there. It wasn't until it began to affect my family that I finally noticed. I went to my doctor he diagnosed me with depression and so I became medicated. I had to take a pill to allow me to enjoy my family, kind of sad. Along with the meds I also started going to a therapist. Without boring you to much, my problems go back a ways and its something I'm starting to deal with. (If Anna says I'm not, shes full of crap) So where does this leave me? Well for now I'm enjoying my family and I'm actually here while I'm doing it. I am a little worried that I'll slip back into a funk and have to be medicated. I know however that I have a wonderful wife that will help me no matter what.

On a side note, the title reads "The Patriarch Speaks" Before you laugh, I know I have no control in this house what-so-ever. At 12:30 in the morning however, nobody is awake to argue.

No comments:

Post a Comment