Monday, September 19, 2011

The weekend in review

I have been suffering severe bloggers block lately. My husband even managed to write a blog and I still havent been able to find the inspiration (my husband, who thinks that participating in a conversation means inserting a grunt every once in a while). I mentioned this to my husband. His response was "I don't know whats so hard about it. You just write about what happens in our lives, so write." Thank you, oh master of the written word.

Anyway, its Monday and like half the world, I am wondering where the heck the weekend went! Friday night I had a Tastefully Simple party with the lovely Katie Larsen and I left the family expecting some cleaning and prep to get done for McKenzies birthday party the following day. I got back home a little before 930pm to find that our darling Patriarch had decided that this would be the perfect time to take down some cabinet doors and drawer fronts, bring up some sandpaper and paint, and work on refinishing some of the kitchen cabinets. When I asked if that was really such a good idea, the response I received was "what?". Awesome. (On a side note, the cabinets do look a thousand times better... just don't tell Justin I said so.)

McKenzies birthday party was on Saturday and it went great. She turned 4 in July, but we just now found the time to have her birthday party. It was a "Falala" themed party, which most people had no idea of.  Falala is a magical kingdom ruled by King Daddy and Queen Mommy and their 4 lovely daughters- Princess Natalie, Princess Leah, Princess McKenzie and Princess Alyvia. It is a place full of tiny Snosh that bring good dreams, fish that sing lullabies to the Princesses to help them sleep, big smelly misunderstood trolls, sparkling ponies, and tickley lakes. Its a bunch of stories I started telling McKenzie a while back and have just now started to write down for the family to have. Maybe someday if I ever finish one, I will post it for everyone to read.

We have also been nursing an injured chicken back to health (of course!). She is one of the favorites of the kids. McKenzie and Mikey like to carry her around when we are outside and play "house" with her. Unfortunately for her she happened to be crossing the yard at the same time to dogs were running around and Calypso ran her over, resulting in an unknown injury to her leg. So of course we have to fix her up! She has been in isolation for a fewe days now and, since we knew she must be cold and lonely, she spent much of yesterday wrapped in a blanket, being held by various children or sleeping on the bed while we cleaned and did laundry. Then she had a bath in the bath tub. That's right, I said it. I bathed my chicken in the bath tub. I'm totally normal.

And just one more thing- I got new boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment