Friday, August 12, 2011

This is what its like...

I can't tell you how many times people ask me what its like at our house or in a family our size (disclaimer: I really don't think our family is that big. We know several families larger than ours. But for whatever reason we seem to draw a crowd. We actually had someone stop as we were walking into the store a couple of weeks ago and exclaim "look at those girls!" As she pointed us out to her family/friends.). So here's a little snippet of what its like at our house:
Its just around 1130 and I am getting lunch in the oven. The kids are playing a game in the livingroom with both dogs lying around there as well. Justin is in the basement working on painting the cabinets. Its nice and calm and quiet. Everyone's happy... just as I slide lunch into the oven I hear a shriek and someone hollar "Nooooooo!" I run into the livingroom to see: the baby covered head to toe in poop, one child holding one dog by the collar, one child standing on the couch, and one child centimeters away from stepping in more poop. "Nobody move!!! What is going on?!" I ask them. 
I promptly receive 3 answers at once. Baby gets brought into bathtub, Daddy gets called up from basement, kids get moved into the other room so Daddy can steam clean the carpet, dogs are shuttled outside. And it all happens in just a few seconds.
Then the happy calm returns.
I like to think we are just your average family, with a little extra chaos sprinkled in for fun.

Oh, and by the way, the sequence of events I have found out went something like this: dog started pooping in the house, kid 1 yelled "Nooooo!" and tried to stop the dog But grabbing its collar. While she was doing that, baby thought poop looked like a great toy. Kid 2 thought the whole thing was disgusting and shrieked and jumped onto the couch while kid 3 was attempting to traverse the mine covered livingroom to get me, almost stepping in it on her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment