Thursday, August 11, 2011

I hate (and love) Dave Ramsey

Its no secret to anyone who has known me for a long time that numbers are not my strong suit. So when it comes to finances I have always used the "ignorance is bliss" method. You know, where I chug happily along pretending everything is fine but when it comes time to pay bills I am a nervous wreck then once the bills are paid I return to my financial ignorance and carry on same as always. You can imagine how well that has worked for me.
So my husband and I finally decided (both of us at the same time even!!) that enough is enough, this isn't working, we are barely treading water, time to change.
Enter Mr. Dave Ramsey. I downloaded his book on our kindle apps and we both started reading. I have never seen my husband blow through a book so fast!! So now we are gearing up and getting ready for our Total Money Makeover. And I have decided that I both hate and love Mr. Ramsey. I hate him for taking away my blissful ignorance and my excuses. I love him for taking away my blissful ignorance and excuses and teaching us that there is a way out and how to get there. Its going to be a rough road ahead for sure, but we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment