Friday, September 5, 2014

Work perks

I have almost hit my 90 day mark at my new job, something I am really excited about. To celebrate my new job, I thought I would share with you all why I think my job is amazing.

· There are 12 TWELVE kinds of coffee in the break room. And if you don’t like any of those options, there is a list of other flavors available that you can request AND IT GETS ORDERED FOR YOU!!! Seriously, I have seen it. Amazing.

· I started earning PTO and was eligible for benefits from day 1. There was no trial period, wait time, etc. I had health insurance, dental, and life for myself AND my family as soon as I could fill out the paperwork.

· They feed us, really good food, almost all the time. Really. 2 out of the 3 days I have worked so far this week I have been fed. Part of me thinks this may be a plan to fatten me up so that I can’t actually leave, but I’m ok with that as long as they keep feeding me.

· I have never seen so many happy, welcoming caring people in one place. In all honesty, I kind of thought something was wrong when I first started. Or maybe they were going to Lawrence Fishburne me, and at some point I would be sequestered in the Zen room (it’s a real place, see next bullet point) and they would tell me I could chose between the red pill and the blue….But that’s not the case. They are all just genuinely nice, caring people and it is wonderfully refreshing to be surrounded by that energy.

· There’s a Zen room. It’s got a Wii, a sound machine, a yogibo, comfy chair….It’s there for when you get off the phone after a tough call and just need to de-stress, to use on a break or during lunch etc. It’s a really great perk to have available when you just need a momentary escape.

· Everyone here genuinely cares about the job that we do. I witness this every day as my coworkers go well beyond what is expected of an insurance company. I have seen our reps call members to check up on them,  have members send them copies of medical bills so they can go over them together so the member understands them, and call  billing agencies to get balances corrected for our members. I hear them laugh, converse, engage,  and genuinely care about the person on the other end of the phone in a way I have never known an insurance company to.

· These people are FUN! There is always laughter and humor (and occasionally flying peanut m&m).

So there they are, my reasons for loving my new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment