Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Don't tell Justin but...

>As much as I hate to admit it, I have a pretty great husband.
rom the beginning he has stepped up to the plate. He took on the challenge of a single woman with 2 daughters without batting an eye. He didn't just tolerate those daughters, he loved them and cared for them from the very first day. Just over a month after taking on that challenge, he was right there with us when we packed everything up and moved from Texas to Maine. He went from a bachelor with no responsibilities (except to make his bed every morning), to a committed father of 2 growing girls, providing for them both financially and emotionally. Our family grew, and so did the challenges that come with being a reaponsible adult and a productive member of society. But Justin never flinched. Every addition, whether it was furry , feathered or other, he took in stride. He attends every parent teacher conference and every school concert. He didn't just watch in the bakground when Leah started playing hockey, he volunteers, got certified and helps coach. When Natalie wanted to try field hockey, a sport neither of us knew anything about, he spent several hours on the computer learning the rules, strategies, game play etc. He kisses boo-boos, drives kids to friends houses, grocery shops, endures the eye rolling of a certain pre-teen, and still makes sure to kiss everyone goodnight. If you point it out to him, you will mostly receive a shoulder shrug and a "whatever" in response.<br>
And his secret greatness doesnt end with the kids. He tells me I am beautiful when I am in my pjs and a ponytail. He laughs when I act goofy, but doesn't ever make fun of me for it. He surrenders the house twice a week (at least) to the Odyssey of the Mind teams that I have decided to coach. He tells me when I am taking on too much or going too far with something, but never tries to stop me from doing things that make me happy. He buys me great gifts every year and doesn't complain at my complete and utter ineptity when it comes to buying him gifts. Every Thursday he brings me home a Pepsi. He washes dishes, folds laundry, balances the check book, rescues us from bugs (though that he does make fun of us for), ties little shoe laces, wipes little noses AND little butts...I really could go on and on. But my one favorite thing about him (besides his amazing blue eyes) is that he does all of these things every day because he loves us. He's an amazing Dad and husband, though he never HAD to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment