Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crazy chicken lady

My husband thinks I might be turning into a crazy chicken lady. We currently have 10 chickens- 3 full grown hens, a full grown rooster, a pair of cochin approx 10 weeks old, and 4 3 week old chicks (one of whom I suspect is a roo). Just because he comes home from work and I am sitting in the yard with chickens in my lap, or because the babies cry every night starting around 530 until I go and pick them up, does not make me a crazy chicken lady. I prefer to look at it more as I am raising healthy, happy chickens who in turn provide our family with healthy food. Much better than the mass produce chicken factories most people get their eggs from.
But, I have been seen walking around with a chicken or 2 perched on my shoulder... Maybe that has something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment